Monday, March 30, 2009

My Reflections.

I have had many opportunities to reflect this past month on the simple things that the Gospel has to offer, I really have had an amazing month from the events of Family History to a set of best friends getting married, to most of all the quiet whisperings for the Spirit that teaches truth and gives eternal light. As I have reflected on many past experiences there has one thing that consistently been a common thread in my life, as President Hinckley something similar in one of his final talks, about the gospel in his own life. That common thread in my life has been my friends, the people I associate with in a deeper level than just the common “Hi” I have noticed that I am the person I am today because of the people I was around, as I look back and noticed a couple of period in my short lived life, I have seen time of Joy and Happiness, but also grief and pain, those time of grief and pain were because I had not chosen to do things that were right in the sight of a forgiving Heavenly Father, however the Joy and Happiness has been granted based on making right and wise choices of true and honest friends, I feel that these friends made it possible for the more opportunities to be blessed and availability for the Spirit to work with me in times that I needed it the most.

Another thing that I have reflected on is, Family. I don’t have the most active family in the aspect of the Church, but I love them dearly, they are great and I love them for that. I appreciate them for the love and help/support that they give. That is one reason that I have dedicated most of my life and time at this moment to Family History Work, there is such a power that comes as a reveal that next generation it is as if I personally feel them shouting for joy due to me finding them, and knowing that I will be shortly taking their name to the House of the Lord to have their ordinances done for them, I have been humbled time and time again based on the findings that I continue to see. I once thought that I would never have this family that has been through the process of all the ordinances that the Temple has to offer, However the Lord promised it to me and is making a way, my ancestors may have never talked or walked with the Prophet Joseph Smith, they know will soon have the blessing of him through the Holy Temple.

The last thing I wanted to share with you is in this season that we gather a church membership for General Conference, I personally love the week prior, preparing by reading or watching the previous conference I feel the rush of the Spirit as I am prepared for the doctrine and lessons that will be taught external and internal by wise men as the speak with the authority given from Heavenly Father. As we prepare for this conference, we will hear the messages from the Prophets and Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ, he will call his new apostle and once again speak to us in the voice of his ordained and appointed leaders, one lesson that I continue to learn from is Elder Jeffery R. Holland’s message the ministry of angels, that angels are sent to help in time of need, Elder David A. Bednar’s lesson on Prayer, and praying always, and to Elder D. Todd Christofferson’s message on Zion and being a Zion like people. I urge you to seek these lessons and may others as we prepare for this coming weekend, whether we spend it with family or friends may the lessons that are taught touch us in the same way but have those different meaning to us all. Is my prayer in the name of the Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.


Jason Miller

No comments: