Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Car Is Dying! My boss gave me homework.

Well it is almost 16 years old, and been through a lot, but I have some time left with it, but not sure how much longer, so I will drive it until it croaks, but I decided to have some fun and just go and test drive some new cars. In the summer of 2007 I bought my Saturn for $1000 to go from not having a monthly payment to having a hefty one is not something I am looking for. However I will keep my car hopefully long enough to pay off some bills. Now as you scroll down you will see the cars that I test drove. Not only is my car dying but my boss asked me a couple of weeks ago what are my goals and dreams and I haven't really taken the time to think about it, so he broke it down and asked me my want's he started with a dream car... I said "I'm not sure" He said " your not sure?" what do you mean????? What kind of car do you want?. I know that you have thought about it, I then answered maybe a Lexus or a Land Rover. He the also gave me the assignment to go and just get a feel for what you like. So I did.





Of course the ones above are my faithful Saturn I love that car. we have bonded, many many miles we put on together, I bought it with 186,000 miles now just over 200,000. Of course sitting in these cars made me want them even more. but feel free and tell me what you like.
2007 VW Passat.




2008 VW Jetta






Now the nicest car I have ever Driven........



2005 Bmw

Of course now I have a dealership calling me but it was worth it, now for my personal report on the cars themselves....
The Passat... Most likely the car I would buy more for the money, cheaper in price and the biggest for a family, some things i took into consideration, If I buy a car it will need to last me a long time, yet the car was my ultimate family sedan I will look good either while driving to work or driving to a party, right? I think so....
The Jetta.... Yet a nice car but not for me! smaller than the Passat I felt a little cramped in it, it was nice to drive in something about the size of my Saturn, but to be honest in a way it kinda felt a little smaller that my Saturn, and those that have taken a ride in my Saturn we got to know if we both put on deodorant... so I'm gonna say the jetta was nice but not the car for me.
Now the BMW!!!! wow talk about wow! I have never really driven a car the I felt that I have complete control and that kind of get up and go. not to mention the looks that was getting while driving down University Parkway and I-15 made me want it right then. of course the Sales man was like let's take this baby a different route so there is more time for you to get to know the car. In my head I thought HECK ya! although it was a BMW I had my checklist that was going through my mind, Family car, Big enough that we all had space to breathe and feel comfortable. so yes I would consider a BMW after the fact that I have my Doctorate in psychology and am well established in my career. I can have my Dream BMW and my wife can have anything she wants.
Dream Big Right? and you can achieve anything!





4 comments:

Shawnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawnie said...

Passats are awesome! I wanted to get one but we instead got the jetta. But you can't go wrong with VW's. German made is the best!

Handsome Rob said...

Hey bud! Glad you found us! In regards to the car situation, a Passat would be a wise choice.. a nice comfy ride, ok amount of room, and fairly reliable. BMW's def are nice, eh? I agree with your boss though, you've got to find you a dream car. I'm not talking just the make, I'm talking a specific car. Get to work, young man!

sara said...

I've always been a fan of Jettas... But I've never actually driven one. Any of the ones on the blog would be an excellent choice I think. Any color preference?